College of Fisheries
- Admission takes place purely on the basis of competitive entrance examination.
- For Eighty-five present (85%) seats (34) is reserved for the State of Bihar and students are selected through BCECEB competitive entrance examination. and for rest 15% seat (6) entrance examination is conducted by ICAR, New Delhi.
Under Graduate Programme
|Seats will be filled up through entrance test conducted by BCECE Board, Patna, followed by counselling by BCECEB|
Undergraduate Programme (BFSc)
|Particulars||General / OBC||E BC||SC/ST|
|B.F.Sc.||M. F. Sc. (Semester System)|
|SI. No.||Particulars||1st Semester||2nd – 8th Semester|
|(A) University Fee|
|1.||University Admission Fee (one time)||1,000||–||1,000|
|4.||Educational Tour (one time)||3,000||–||–|
|6.||Migration Fee (one time)||500||–||500|
|7.||Development Fee (one time)||5,000||–||5,000|
|Sub Total 13,250 3,750 10,750|
|(B) College Fee|
|8.||Co-curricular activities fee||500||500||500|
|11.||ID Card Fee (one time)||200||–||200|
|12.||Sports & Games Fee||500||500||500|
|13.||Placement & Counselling Fee||100||100||100|
|15.||Caution Money (one time) refundable|
|Sub Total 7,050 1,850 7,300|
|(C) Hostel Fee|
|Sub Total 1,600 1,600 1,600|
|Grand Total 21,900 7,200 19,650|
- B.F.Sc. is a 4-year degree course comprising of 8 semesters.
- Each student will have to undertake compulsory training programme (student REDY Programme) in last (eight) semester.
- Medium of instruction shall be in English.
- Monsoon Semester will usually be started in 1st September and Winter Semester in 1st March of every calendar year (session).
- Each Semester shall cover at least 110 days of instruction excluding time spent for final examination of each semester.
- There will be semester break of 10 – 15 days.
- There is provision of relaxation of attendance for a period of 20 days for the candidate participating in extracurricular activities at national level / within the university or due to serious illness subject to the production of medical certificate.
- Both Internal and External systems of examinations will be conducted. Fifty percent (50%) marks shall be allotted for internal examination and 50% for external examination.
- A student shall be promoted to next semester only if he/she has passed in all the subjects of his or her class by obtaining at last 50% marks in theory (internal and external combined) and practical separately.
- Students are expected to maintain gross discipline and desired academic atmosphere in the hostel.
- All kinds of shouting, hooting, violent knocking or any other act likely to cause disturbance to inmates are strictly prohibited.
- Ragging of any type will be dealt with severity and may result in expulsion from the University.
- Maltreating or abusing the hostel employee is strictly prohibited.
- Leave for absence from the hostel for one or more nights must have the approval of hostel superintendent.
- Students absenting themselves from the hostel without prior sanction of leave by the hostel Superintendent will be punishable.
- Night roll call will be undertaken by the hostel at 9:00 PM in Winter and 10:00 PM in Summer and every boarder must be present in his room at the time of roll call.
- After roll call no student is allowed to leave the hostel, however, in case of emergency he / she must inform the hostel prefect.
- Absence from the hostel for whole night without prior permission of the Superintendent will be considered as an act of gross indiscipline and misconduct and will call for heavy punishment.
- Expulsion from the hostels will be done in case of continuous absence of boarders from the hostels without prior permission of hostels warden / Chief Hostel Warden.
- Guests are not permitted to stay in hostel except in the case of father / brother provided that they come at an odd hour. The name and relationship of the guest so allowed to be entered in the hostel guest register.
- Lady guests are not permitted in any case to visit the room and stay in the Boy’s Hostel.
- Boarders keeping guest without information and permission will be liable to punishment.
- No boarder is allowed to change his room without permission of the hostel superintendent.
- Light must be switched off when not in use. Use of fan is allowed during summer month. Students are advised to use LED bulb to save electricity.
- Boarders are warned against tempering electric appliances.
- Use of heaters, electric rod, iron, geyser is strictly prohibited and punishable.
- Motor cycle/cycle in verandah, corridor, dining hall and common hall is prohibited.
- Four wheelers are not allowed in the hostel.
- Students are expected to show a sense of responsibility in the maintenance of hedges, lawns, flowers and hostel landscape.
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.