Academics Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
UG/ PG/ PhD/ Diploma courses:
(I) B.V.Sc. & A.H. ( 5 1 / 2 -year)
- The candidate should have a minimum qualification of 10+2 or equivalent with Physics,Chemistry, Biology and English from a recognized Indian Board / University.
- For details of eligibility and other information, prospectus issued by BCECE, Patna may be refereed.
- A candidate should possess at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.0/10.0 in Bachelor’s Degree and in the case of SC/ST, 55% marks in aggregate or 5.5/10.0 OGPA.
1.3 Ph D Programme:
Ph D. in Veterinary Science
- A candidate should possess at least 70% marks in aggregate or 7.0/10.0 in (Master’s Degree Programme) in concern discipline and in case of SC/ST, 65% marks in aggregate or 6.5/10.00 OGPA
The number of students admitted each year for BVSC and AH course is as follows:
Number of Seats (Total 60)
|Seats filled up through counseling by the BCECE Board (85%)||51|
|Seats filled up through All India Quota by the Veterinary Council of India (15%)||09|
Post graduate Programme:
The number of students admitted each year for MVSC programme is as follows:
|Livestock Production Management|
|Veterinary Surgery and Radiology|
|Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology|
|Animal Husbandry Extension Education|
|Animal Genetics & Breeding|
|Livestock Products Technology|
|Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology|
|Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics|
Source: BASU Prospectus-2020-21
Ph. D. Programme:
The candidate must have M.V.Sc Degree in the concerned discipline from a recognized institute/university. The disciplines of study and number of seats for Ph.D for academic session 2021 are given below:
|1.||Livestock Production Management|
|2.||Veterinary Surgery and Radiology|
|3.||Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology|
|7.||Animal Husbandry Extension Education|
|9.||Animal Genetics & Breeding|
|10.||Livestock Products Technology|
|11.||Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology|
|16.||Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics|
Source: BASU Prospectus-2020-21
- University follows Veterinary Council of India Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education- (Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry – Degree Course) Regulations, 2016.
- A degree course of BVSV & AH shall comprise of a course of study consisting of curriculum and syllabus spread over 51/2 complete professional years including a compulsory internship of “one year” duration undertaken after successful completion of all credits.
- Medium of instruction for B. V. Sc. and A. H. degree course shall be in English.
- First professional year of Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry classes shall commence latest by 1st September of every year.
- Each professional year shall cover at least two hundred ten days of instruction excluding time spent for annual examinations.
- The annual examination shall be conducted prior to summer vacation for the year.
- The schedule of examination during Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course shall consist of internal assessment and annual examinations.
- A candidate having attendance below 85% in a subject shall not be eligible to appear in the annual examination of that subject.
- A student shall be promoted to next higher professional class only if he or she has passed in all the subjects of his or her class by obtaining at least 50% marks in theory (internal and external combined) and practical separately.
- Every student of Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry degree course shall be required after passing the fourth professional examination to undergo compulsory rotating internship to the satisfaction of the University for a minimum period of twelve calendar months so as to be eligible for the award of the degree of Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry and full registration with the council
- University follows ICAR syllabus in PG programme( PG/ PhD)
- Bonafide students belonging to the state of Bihar are given a fellowship of Rs 2000.00 per month.
- Award of Merit is conferred upon toppers of both UG and PG batches.
- For Undergraduate programme (BVSC & AH) the academic year shall ordinarily be from July-August
- For Masters and PhD programmes, academic calendar shall start in January-February and July-August.
- Students are expected to maintain gross discipline and desired academic atmosphere in the hostel.
- All kinds of shouting, hooting, violent knocking or any other act likely to cause disturbance to inmates are strictly prohibited.
- Ragging of any type will be dealt with severity and may result in expulsion from the University.
- Maltreating or abusing the hostel employee is strictly prohibited.
- Leave for absence from the hostel for one or more nights must have the approval of hostel superintendant.
- Students absenting themselves from the hostel without prior sanction of leave by the hostel Superintendant will be punished.
- Night roll call will be undertaken by the hostel Prefect at 9:00 PM in winter and 10:00PM in summer and every boarder must me present in his room at the time of roll call.
- After roll call no student is allowed to leave the hostel, however, in case of emergency he must inform the hostel prefect.
- Absence from the hostel for whole night without prior permission of the Superintendant will be considered as an act of gross indiscipline and misconduct and will call for heavy punishment.
- Expulsion from the hostels will be done in case of continuous absence of boarders from the hostels without prior permission of hostel warden/ Chief Hostel Warden.
- Guests are not permitted to stay in hostel except in the case of father / brother provided that they come at an odd hour. The name and relationship of the guest so allowed to be entered in the hostel guest register.
- Lady guests are not permitted in any case to visit the room and stay in the Boy’s Hostel.
- Boarders keeping guest without information and permission will be liable to punishment.
- No boarder is allowed to change his room without permission of the hostel superintendant.
- Light must be switched off when not in use. Use of fan is allowed during summer month. Students are advised to use LED bulb to save electricity.
- Boarders are warned against tampering electric appliances.
- Use of heaters, electric rod, iron, geyser are strictly prohibited and punishable.
- Motor cycle/cycle in verandah, corridor, dining hall and common hall is prohibited.
- Four wheelers are not allowed in the hostel.
- Students are expected to show a sense of responsibility in the maintenance of hedges, lawns, flowers and hostel landscape.