SGIDT Department of Dairy Extension Education
Department of Dairy Extension Education has greater significance in fulfilling the function of the department are as follow:
- Providing training to the personnel in dairy technology and dairy husbandry in order to handle dairy development Programs in the state of Bihar.
- Providing short term training to dairy farmers, dairy entrepreneurs and dairy technicians as and when required.
- Disseminating the scientific knowledge in relation to milk and milk products through extension education Programs in order to enhance the income and growth of rural sector pertaining to livestock and dairying sectors.
The department has been actively engaged in teaching, research and extension activities as per the course curriculum of ICAR Dean Committee. Presently the department of extension has undertaken many extension activities such as
- Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav (MGMG) Program in adopted villages namely Parsa Ibrahimpur block, Naubatpur, Patna
- Demonstration -cum- hands on training Program in collaboration with Krishi Vighyan Kendras such as Barh, Harnaut, Arwal, Jehanabad
The department also organises Kisan Mela, Kisan Gosthi for the creating awareness among the dairy farmers to enhance their incomes and providing gainful employment to unemployed rural.
|Sl. No.||Name||Designation||Contact No.||Email ID|
|1.||Dr. A. K. Thakur||University Professor-Cum-chief scientist and Head||9430602962
|S. No.||Course No.||Course Title||Cr. Hrs.|
|1.||DBM-111||Milk Production Management & Dairy Development||3 (2+1)|
|2||DBM-112||Communication Skills and Entrepreneurship Development||2 (1+1)|
|3||DBM-322||Dairy Extension Education||2 (1+1)|
|1.||DBM-511||Dairy Business Management||3 (2+1)|
The department has a training centre and a unique conferencing centre for organising video conferencing among the scientists and dairy farmers. The department has completed a Research Project entitled “Study on quality consciousness amongst dairy farmers and consumers.” Presently ILRI sponsored research project on Goat Value chain is also in progress in collaboration with DBM.
|Research||Popular Articles||Lab Manuals||Bulletin / Leaflets||Books||Book Chapters||Extension Literatures|